Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Do: Pizza

When I was in high school I worked at a pizza joint and I still love to toss pizza!  Every Friday we have pizza at our house.....here is how we do it.

Ingredients:
1 pizza dough ball from the Deli
Dusting of Flour
1 8oz can of tomato sauce
Sprinkle of dried basil and oregano
Fresh mozzarella or shredded mozzarella
Toppings of your choice:  We usually do 1/3 cheese,1/3 meat, 1/3 veggie.

Do:
First you need to thaw your dough for about 8 hours if it is frozen.  Frozen dough works just as well as dough from your deli. 
Preheat your oven to 450. I unwrap my dough ball and dunk it in the flour, coating it on all sides.  On a floured surface, flatten out your dough ball, working out all the air bubbles.  If you leave in the air bubbles, you may get one of those giant bubbles on your cooked pizza.  Then I toss it.  I'm sure you can find a youtube video on this....I may try to make one net week!
After your dough is stretched to the size of your pizza pan, spread out your sauce.  I like to use the back of a spoon to spread it around.
Then I give a generous sprinkle of basil and oregano (use your best judgement.)

Pizza with sauce and spices.

Toppings:  1/3 Turkey pepperoni and Bacon, 1/3 tomato and basil, 1/3 cheese.
Once the sauce is on, I like to lay out my toppings, then the cheese.  Some people like the toppings on top of the cheese, this is your choice.  JD likes shredded cheese, so his chunk is shredded, while the rest is slices of fresh mozzarella.
Ready to bake!
 Bake for 12 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.

Fresh out of the oven!
Wait about 5 minutes before cutting so the cheese can set.
Serve with a salad.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment