Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Love it!: Pinterest Review

Yes, I am one of those people.  I spend hours browsing Pinterest looking for the perfect kitchen color, perfect living room decor, and perfect kids room.  I have my dream house pinned on Pinterest!

What is it?  Pinterest is an online bulletin board for your interests.  You "pin" your "interests!" Remember when you ripped out pages of a magazine of the perfect kitchen or bedroom color and put them in a notebook or up on a bulletin board?  No more!  Now have the whole internet as your inspiration. You just "Pin it" when you see a photo or article you like and it's saved to one of your Pinterest "boards.

Rating:  Love it!

Pros:  All your ideas are all in one place.  It almost takes the place of website bookmarks. I still bookmark my favorite sites, but if I find a great recipie or craft tutorial, I pin in and a photo of the craft or recipie is saved along with the link.  It couldn't me easier!  You can also follow your facebook friends and see what they are pinning.  I steal all my best ideas from friends!

Cons:  There are few privacy settings to limit people from seeing your pins. Once you pin something, the whole world can see it and repin it (repin means they can save it to their board.)  So if you pin a gift for your friend and call it "Great idea for Sally's birthday," it is likely that Sally will see it if she is a member of pinterest. 

Go check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment