Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Flat Challenge Day 3: Pad folding flats



We’ve made it to Day 3 of the Dirty Diaper Laundry Flats and Handwashing Challenge.  Our family is ONLY using FLAT cloth diapers this week to learn more about the cheapest method of cloth diapering.

I’m lazy when it comes to cloth diapering.  Give me a pocket or all in one and I’m happy!  When I signed up for the Dirty Diaper Laundry Flats and Handwashing Challenge I started to panic when I realized I might have to fold these flat pieces of fabric into complicated shapes to work.  I tried to “fold” a flat into various origami crane like shapes (epic fail), but in the end it’s the Pad fold that won me over. It’s so simple!  Here is a short video of me folding our flat into a 10 layer pad folded insert for a BumGenius pocket diaper (or Flip cover)

Day 3 of the Challenge was going great until I cut my thumb while making dinner. Not pretty!  My left hand hurt so bad from the cut, that I decided to skip washing diapers tonight (you can see a cameo appearance of my giant bandaged thumb in the video!). I have enough flats to go two days, so I will defer washing til tomorrow.  I’ve heard having lots of diapers to wash can make it harder to wash, but washing every other day is probably more realistic over the long term, so we’ll see how it goes tomorrow!
Want to know how the other bloggers in the challenge fold their flats?  Check out this linky: 

No comments:

Post a Comment