Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Flats Challenge Day 4: Handwashing Status



I just finished Day 4 of the Dirty Diaper Laundry Flats and Handwashing Challenge. This week, I agreed that I will only use flat cloth diapers (1 large square of fabric) on JD and I can only handwash and air dry them.


How are we doing??……Well…..I skipped washing diapers last night because of my cut thumb, so tonight I had to handwash:
13 Flats (at least 6 poopy!)
8 Bumgenius Pockets
4 Fleece Liners
1 Flip Cover
Here are all the flats, pockets, and covers in a 5 gallon bucket.
Handwashing had been pretty easy the last 2 times, but this load was a mess from the start!  First, there were WAY too many diapers in the pail!  After my initial rinse, I realized I couldn’t agitate them because the bucket was so full!  (I am hand agitating them) I split the load in half and wash each individually. My dream of saving time by skipping a wash day was lost in having to wash 2 loads!  It took me almost 2 hours to wash them all and I think 3 or 4 of my pockets are still stained with poopy.  I think I’m gong to have to rewash them – tomorrow.  So lesson learned, when hand washing diapers , wash every day!
Overall, using flats in our pocket diapers and Flip covers haven’t changed our daily diaper routine that much.  Daddy Dirt is happy with the pockets (he’s use to them) and we’ve has zero leaks! I’m beginning to think that using Flats exclusively is soooo doable if you are dedicated to handwashing daily.
Check out how other bloggers are doing:

No comments:

Post a Comment