Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Flats Challenge Day 7: We are DONE!





We made it!  We finished the 2nd Annual Dirty Diaper Laundry Flats and Handwashing Challenge! Seven days ago, I signed up our family for a 7 day challenge to ONLY use flat cloth diapers and handwash them.  Check out Flats and Handwashing Challenge to learn more!

Want to recap?
So after 7 days, would I recommend flats? – YES!  The are very absorbent, trim, and cheap.  Check out Day 2 for a cost breakdown. I think we will be putting flats into our regular rotation as pocket inserts!
My favorite flat fold?  The PAD FOLD!  We stuck to pad folding flats 99.9% of the time, but I did learn a new fold that even I can manage.  Check out the Jo fold!  It works GREAT (even held a very messy corn poop!!)
Would I recommend handwashing diapers? – Maybe.  In the last 7 days, I’ve learned a lot about what it would take to handwash diapers.  If I had to choose between food and diapers, I would use flats and handwash in a heartbeat. With that said, it is very time consuming to properly handwash flat diapers.  If you work long hours, or work outside of the home, like I do, washing diapers at the end of a day is A LOT of work and time.  I’m happy to be blessed with a house and new washer/dryer.  I was 32 before I had a washer and dryer in my home  If JD came earlier in our life, I’m not sure I would be using cloth diapers.
Let see how everyone else did:

No comments:

Post a Comment