Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Flats Challenge Day 2: Poopy Day!




Today I handwashed:
7 flats(4 poopy)
1 FLIP cover
3 BumGeius pockets
1 Bummis wetbag
4 fleece liners.
I was not in the mood to wash diapers, but I did it anyway!   I was lighter with the soap today, so I only had to rinse twice!
Yesterdays flats were dry when I woke up, but the covers were still wet around the stretchy tabs.  It took almost 14 hours total for the covers/pockets to be completely dry.  I think I’m going to have to increase my original 3 pockets to 8….to accommodate the slow dry time.
Today we are talking about supplies…..what am I using during this challenge? (I’ll try to give a cost break out too):
  • 15 Osocosy unbleached flats (Mom’s Milk Boutique)- $24
  • 2 Flip covers (Seconds) (Cottonbabies)- $20
  • 8 Bumgenius pockets (all last chance used diapers from Cottonbabies)- $16
  • 8 fleece liners cut from a 1/2 yard fleece (JoAnns) – $2
  • Bummis Small wet bag for the diaper bag (Cottonbabies) – $12
  • Diaper Sprayer (Diaper Junction) – $36.30 (totally optional, but makes handwashing easier!)
  • 5 Gallon Bucket with lid (Home Depot) – $2.50
  • Tide Original Powder (Big Lots)- 6.99
  • Nail Brush (Dollar Tree) – $1
$84.49 (120.79 with diaper sprayer)
Not too bad considering this could last you from about 2 months til potty learning!  (Add a couple newborn covers and you would be able to diaper one baby for about $100 (or 140 with a diaper sprayer!) Considering it takes at least $40 a month to keep a baby in disposable diapers, or $480 a year, you could save the difference of 3 years in diapers and have nearly $1,340 for a college fund or emergency fund!
Check out how all the other bloggers are doing with their challenge:

No comments:

Post a Comment